The Senior Director Total Rewards will lead and assume overall accountability for strategy development, design, implementation, administration, and governance of all compensation programs, benefit programs and Payroll for the organization. This role will ensure all programs align with GSUSA business objectives, are competitive, sustainable and have an impact on the long and short term performance of the organization by being effective in attracting, rewarding, and retaining key talent, and are fully compliant with local legal and regulatory requirements.
This is a collaborative role that will work cross-functionally with community group leadership, Talent & Culture, Finance, and Legal to understand business issues and collectively develop effective business solutions. As a member of the Talent & Culture senior leadership team, this role will translate the global Talent & Culture strategy into a comprehensive global total rewards strategy.
The Senior Director Total Rewards will serve as a thought partner to the organization in developing and delivering Total Rewards strategy, programs, plans and counsel for optimal solutions.
- Build and maintain a Total rewards strategy that is fully aligned with the GSUSA and Communities strategic plan, motivates performance, is fiscally responsible, and supports the attraction and retention of high performing talent.
- Oversee the efficient and effective execution of core Total Rewards processes including Executive, Broad Based, Incentive Compensation; as well as Retirement, Health and Welfare Benefits programs and Payroll.
- Direct the design and implementation of all compensation and benefits programs in collaboration with community leadership.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation and benefits policies, guidelines and procedures, recommending plan revisions, as well as new plans, in support of the strategic plan.
- Ensure the capability to monitor local market trend information to ensure compensation and benefits programs are competitive and responsive to both GSUSA (and council needs in the future).
- Oversee the communication and education of compensation and benefits programs to ensure understanding by employees.
- Provide expert subject matter advice in support of organizational events (e.g. reorganizations) activities.
- Oversee compensation and benefits related vendor relationships, negotiating services (in partnership with Procurement) and managing costs.
- Ensure strong governance and compliance of all Compensation and Benefit programs.
- Develop and implement Total Rewards information and analytics using technology and on line tools in line with Talent & Culture strategy and aligned with IT, in order to provide management with analysis and metrics to demonstrate effectiveness of programs in the area of Compensation and Benefits. Support the organization’s strategic objectives by leveraging Talent & Culture data and reports.
- Lead the Benefits Shared Services initiative to define and implement a Talent & Culture operating model with councils which will drive efficiency, cost benefits and provide consistent employee experiences.
- Stay abreast of state-of-the-art Total Rewards technology to integrate with Talent & Culture systems.
- Build, lead, and mentor a high performing team of compensation and benefits professionals.